On Saturday night, Mat made chicken piccata for dinner. In that post, I promised the recipe, and I don’t take back a promise, especially when it comes to food! So no more waiting, here it is!
2 tbsp organic coconut oil
2 cups dry white wine
2 cups chicken broth
juice from 2 lemons
2 tbsp capers
1 can artichoke hearts, cut in half
16 oz angel hair pasta
1. Butterfly each chicken breast and sprinkle both sides with garlic powder, pepper, and flour. Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in large pan on medium-high heat. Cook chicken for approximately 7-10 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
2. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil in pan and add 2 tbsp flour to make a roux. Cook until roux is golden brown in color.
3. Once the roux is golden brown, add 2 cups white wine, 2 cups chicken broth, and lemon juice. Scrape remaining chicken pieces from pan into the sauce and whisk everything together. Add halved artichoke hearts and capers and let the sauce thicken until the liquid is reduced by half.
4. While roux is thickening, heat a large pot of salted water to boiling. Cook pasta as directed on package. (Note: angel hair pasta cooks much faster than spaghetti or fettucine).
5. Ladle sauce onto pasta and chicken. Serve with a side of roasted asparagus. Enjoy!
Edited to add: I’m sharing this recipe on the Pantry Party. Go check it out!