A week or two ago we had eggs and pumpkin oatmeal for dinner. It was one of those random, on a whim dinners that’s oh so good.
Since it was raining today and FINALLY felt like fall here in SoCal (even though it’s supposed to be in the high 80s again on Sunday, on my birthday for goodness’ sake!), I was craving something homey and comforting. I instantly thought of fall oatmeal and eggs. I texted Mat my suggestion earlier today, and he wholeheartedly agreed.
It’s one of those nights where you have to make something random. Tomorrow Mat will bring food from somewhere to the Homecoming game, Saturday we’re going to Kelly’s wedding, and Sunday Mat is making me yummy birthday dinner (and dessert!). Tonight’s dinner also needed to be easy because I was at ballet until 8:30 and Mat was on his own. Not that he can’t make complicated things, because it’s been proved multiple times over that he can, but it’s just easier on a Thursday night when you’re eating later to make something simple and that doesn’t require thought.
So easy and comforting it was.
Eggs with plenty of ketchup and a bit of hot sauce:
Then I decided to add chocolate chips to it 🙂
Tomorrow is going to be a long day. Check out this schedule:
- 6 am: arrive at school and help get dance kids ready
- 8 am: be in gym and run through assembly
- 9 am: first assembly
- 10 am: second assembly
- 11 am: back to class and teach 3rd period, have lunch, teach 4th period
- 5th period prep: make copies that didn’t get done today
- 6th period: chill with dance team in my classroom and kill time until 4:30
- 4:45: be on bus and leave for stadium
- 5:30/6: Mat arrives with FOOD!
- 7 pm: Homecoming game starts – dance performs at halftime
- 9:30 pm ish: get back on bus, get back to school, make sure all kids are picked up/have a way home
- go home
WHEW. I’m so happy I have a fabulous weekend ahead of me after this crazy week. I can’t wait to see big sis Kelly get married! I can’t wait to spend my birthday with my husband – my first married birthday!