Dancing for Food

Overcoming the ballet body image.

Whew, What a Morning

Leave a comment

My alarm went off at 6 this morning and initially I did NOT want to get up.  I reset it for 20 minutes later, but then after about 5 minutes knew it was useless and I wasn’t going to fall back asleep anyway, so I got up.  I was originally planning for 14 miles today, but when I woke up I wasn’t feeling it anymore.  That happens a lot actually, but this morning I realized that it might not be the best idea to jump from 10 miles (which I’ve done for the past several Saturdays) to 14 miles when I’ve had rough runs because of the heat.  I quickly altered my usual 14 mile route to be a 12-miler, and got myself out the door.

Because it was cloudy and misty, it was actually a really good run.  I didn’t get super tired, and felt pretty good the whole time, just like I did a year ago when I was increasing my mileage for the first time in preparation for my first half-marathon (Long Beach).  I hope the weather stays this way, at least in the morning, because it’s SO. MUCH. EASIER. to run and takes a lot less mental motivation to get through a long run.

When I got back, I busied myself straightening up the apartment.  There were several bags of stuff my mom had given me from my old room that I needed to go through, and I also needed to get the last 3 place settings washed and put away.  While I was pulling stickers off everything, Mat texted me that he was probably going to leave work early because he didn’t feel well – waves of nausea, sinus stuff, and shakiness.  Naturally I got worried, and he couldn’t respond much because he was at work.  Around 10 he said he was coming home, and I went off to Target (still in my gross running clothes) to get ginger ale, saltines, and chicken noodle soup.  He was able to eat just fine, but he was totally exhausted.  He didn’t sleep much at all both Tuesday and Wednesday night because of early shifts, and on Wednesday night he felt hot and clammy even though the air was on.  The hot and clammy continued into Thursday, and he tried to take a nap that afternoon but couldn’t fall asleep.  He took NyQuil that night and last night so he could sleep, but I think it just wasn’t enough.  Drugged sleep isn’t quite as good as natural sleep anyway.  He’s taking a nap now, and hopefully will be better when he wakes up.  We’re going to an outdoor picnic/concert tonight with my parents, my sister, and her boyfriend, and we definitely don’t want to miss it.  We also have church in the morning for my mom’s high school choir reunion.

Whew.  See what I mean?

Around noon I finally got around to eating.  I had a banana and yummy overnight oats:


  • peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • handful chocolate chips
  • milk
  • strawberries and cereal added this morning

I had iced coffee with milk and Hershey’s too.


Now it’s time to finish laundry, enter quiz grades in the grade book, and make the quinoa salad for tonight’s picnic.  Have a good Saturday!


Author: Melissa

Getting healthy - mind, body, and soul.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s