Last night we had a lovely time hosting Mindy and Joel for dinner. They brought a yummy spinach and artichoke dip with chips as an appetizer, but I was too busy chatting and eating it to snap a photo. Oops.
With it, I made a caesar salad with Mat’s homemade croutons. This time he used a pain pascale bread from work. They definitely helped make the salad a little special
I never got a picture of the salad, but we all know what caesar salad looks like right?
And now for the pizza. Mat’s pizza amazing. There aren’t any super special ingredients, but it always turns out yummy. I asked him to take some pics as he made it, but he forgot. 😦 We do have a picture of the finished product though.
makes 1 chicken pesto pizza and 1 roasted pepper pizza
2 packages Trader Joe’s pizza dough
Trader Joe’s pizza sauce
Trader Joe’s pesto sauce
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Sliced, cooked chicken breast (check back later for Mat’s chicken recipe!)
1/4 red onion, sliced thin
1 jar Trader Joe’s roasted bell peppers
1 package Trader Joe’s sun-dried tomatoes
dried basil, oregano
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Follow instructions on pizza dough package to shape the dough into balls. Let it sit on a floured surface for 20 minutes.
- Stretch and flatten the dough into a 12-14 inch round crust. Do not use a rolling pin.
- Spread pizza sauce on one crust and pesto sauce on the other.
- On the pizza sauce crust, spread slices of roasted peppers and sun-dried tomatoes. Top generously with mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with basil and oregano.
- On the pesto sauce crust, spread sliced chicken and red onion. Top generously with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake both pizzas on a pizza stone or pizza pan for 10-12 minutes or until crust begins to brown on the edges. Let cool before slicing.
We rounded out the meal with some Tuscan cantaloupe.
Dessert is coming up!