Mat is at work tonight, so dinner was up to me. I decided to make Spicy Rigatoni, modified from this recipe. For some reason, when I went to the recipe tonight, you couldn’t see the actual directions. But, it wasn’t hard to figure out so I wrote my own here. Plus, lately I’ve been having fun just figuring out recipes as I go. 🙂
The best part about this recipe? It was super easy!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbs chopped garlic
- 1/2 Tbs crushed red pepper
- ~1/2 package frozen peas
- 1 zucchini, chopped (you could totally use more)
- 1 cup Marinara sauce (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 3/4 cup Alfredo sauce (again, Trader Joe’s)
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb Rigatoni pasta, cooked according to package directions
- red pepper flakes and grated parmesan for garnish
- Saute garlic and red pepper flakes in olive oil until garlic begins to brown. Add peas and zucchini and sauté until zucchini is tender.
- Add marinara and alfredo sauces to pan along with nutritional yeast. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Pour sauce on top of pasta and stir to combine. Serve with additional red pepper and/or grated parmesan cheese.
I forgot to take a picture of the sauce in the pan before I poured it in. Oops!
It. Was. So. Good. Like, seriously good. I garnished with parmesan rather than red pepper flakes. I was a little worried because the original recipe said it was pretty hot and spicy, but I thought it was fine. Mat will probably garnish with red pepper. 🙂
I think it could use more zucchini, but I only had one in the fridge. The zucchini was actually leftover from when we made grilled vegetable salad last week and I needed a way to use it up. I thought it would go perfectly with the peas and spicy flavor in this pasta, and I was right! 🙂
This is one of my new favorite meals for sure.
Countdown: 9 days of school and 26 days until our wedding